Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need to know if this a good deal for an 88 saltare

Hi guys, need some advice. I have the chance to buy a 1988 saltare. It Has been well taken care of and is clean in n out, the 454 runs great
    And has 750 hours on it. It has no trailer And is completely stock. Sorry I don't have pics right now I don't have any access. But in my estimation it is very cean for the year. The floor is solid and all the engine mounts r tight. He's also including a bimini top and the original topic came with the boat. He is the original owner And can get the boat for 4800 dollars. I would like to know if you think this is a good deal for my paying too much, any information is greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Absolutely a good price. As always, make sure you inspect the boat inside and out, top to bottom. But still, a great price. In my opinion.
    "Where There's a Will, there's a way!"

Check out my 1987 rebuild thread here
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...-Resto-begins.

If it's truly solid floor and stringers, and the engine runs, and the boat doesn't look like hammered hell.

THAT'S A GREAT DEAL!!!! I'd jump on that like a fat kid on a donut.

I would say that's a good price. If you don't buy shoot me the guys contact info, i'd like to find a deal like that!

no trailer hopefully means it's been in a covered lift. if it's been kept dry it's very possible the foam could be dry. sounds good to me too.

Thx for the quick response guys! I was just a little worried about the price without trailer. Yes it has been in a covered boat lift its entire life same lake and sameownr since 88. I have a bravura now and love it but wanted some more roomfor the fam and friends. If anyone else wants to comment plz go ahead. And if anyone knows of someone who wants to buy a bravura let me know.

In addition to the normal checks, be sure to check the floor & stringers where the gas tank straps mount to the floor in front of the tank (under the rear seats). Like the others above, if it's in as good a shape as it sounds - jump on it...
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Bring a ratchet and sockets with you and make sure the engine mount bolts and ski pole mount bolts snug down and don't spin (sign of rotten stringers) also make sure that the swim platform doesn't flex at the transom when you stand on it (could mean soft transom). If that all checks out and there are no soft spots in floor, It would be a great buy! Show us some pics if you can.

Sounds like a good deal but don't forget the price of a trailer (assuming that you would need one). From what I have seen during my trailer shopping, it's going to be fairly expensive. Since there weren't really any inboards that large back in the day, it seems all the 'used' trailers of that size are from newer MC's, Malibus, Tiges....etc. Usually ranging from $2K-$3.5K

there's possibly a used saltare trailer on this thread:
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...a-Saltare-2700