Default Do you know any people with disabilities?

Hey everyone, I wanted everyone here to help spread the word. Do you know anybody who is disabled? Do you know that they to can enjoy the water like we do? If you do than please let them know about Wake the World Adaptive. We are a division of Wake the World (which some you may know) who specialize in taking disabled kids and adults out on the lake and teaching them how to water ski, kneeboard, or wakeboard. We are located in NC. thank you very much. and here is a flyer as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Where There's a Will, there's a way!"

Check out my 1987 rebuild thread here
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...-Resto-begins.

Really. Cool
    If its not to much of a problem could you post some pics of your wake board adapter.

I have a cousin the was in a motorcycle accident a few years back where he lost most of his right leg.
    He was really interested when showed him your set up.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

Sure, I can send you some pictures. I will post what I hav eon my computer for now, hopefully these will do.
    I have two type of cages; the first one is the newest, most universal setup yet.

These pictures will show you what I started with. A cage and then a footplate, whereas the other one mentioned earlier had both pieces integrated together.

Thanks I should be able to fab something up from those.
    what did the fabric portion come from or is it a custom job.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

wspeedin, I don't mean to hijack, but I've been involved with a similar program here in New Hampshire. It's an amazing program to be a part of and I hope you guys have the same kind of luck we've had in building our group.

At the marina where I work we do an adaptive watersports program in cooperation with the local ski areas. We have a few setups like the one in the pictures, and a few that are on long, wide skis shaped like slalom skis for the more aggressive riders. We also have a huge one that can accomodate a person standing on the back with the rider in the middle, for people who can't use the regular skis or boards; it was custom made by a local woodworking / custom cabinetry shop. The rope attaches directly to the board and has a quick release on the boat.

We kind of started the program from scratch about 6 years ago and now have a regular roster of 20 skiers each week (the program is one night a week). I don't have much involvement at this point but it was an amazing thing to be a part of, the people are amazing. The owner of the marina and another local guy have each personally made the program possible through the use of their own boats, homes, equipment, even the purchase of a jet ski to have a safety follow crew.

Anyone up north who wants to participate can get in touch with me and I'll point you the right direction.

Also, I know we've gotten a lot of our equipment from here: http://www.liquidaccess.org/

DSC_0131.JPG
    DSC_0147.jpg
    DSC_0426.JPG
    DSC_0439.jpg
    Last edited by SquamInboards; 08-09-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 86 century View Post
    Thanks I should be able to fab something up from those.
    what did the fabric portion come from or is it a custom job.
    The fabric portion came from the same company that SquamInboards was talking about. http://liquidaccess.org they make all the equipment in house. If you give them a call, talk with Mike Hester and make sure to mention my name and they will hook you up with what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by SquamInboards View Post
    wspeedin, I don't mean to hijack, but I've been involved with a similar program here in New Hampshire. It's an amazing program to be a part of and I hope you guys have the same kind of luck we've had in building our group.

At the marina where I work we do an adaptive watersports program in cooperation with the local ski areas. We have a few setups like the one in the pictures, and a few that are on long, wide skis shaped like slalom skis for the more aggressive riders. We also have a huge one that can accomodate a person standing on the back with the rider in the middle, for people who can't use the regular skis or boards; it was custom made by a local woodworking / custom cabinetry shop. The rope attaches directly to the board and has a quick release on the boat.

We kind of started the program from scratch about 6 years ago and now have a regular roster of 20 skiers each week (the program is one night a week). I don't have much involvement at this point but it was an amazing thing to be a part of, the people are amazing. The owner of the marina and another local guy have each personally made the program possible through the use of their own boats, homes, equipment, even the purchase of a jet ski to have a safety follow crew.

Anyone up north who wants to participate can get in touch with me and I'll point you the right direction.

Also, I know we've gotten a lot of our equipment from here: http://www.liquidaccess.org/

DSC_0131.JPG
    DSC_0147.jpg
    DSC_0426.JPG
    DSC_0439.jpg
    That is awesome! Im glad to see you were a part of something great like that. We too have gotten our equipment from liquidaccess. They are great people! We will have a small amount of equipment to start with, three cages, a long "beginner" board and a kneeboard. We actually have adopted the ways of Ann Obrine Satterfield and her team UCanSki2 who helped to build liquidaccess. We use side skiers instead of a chase boat or jet ski. It just seems safer to have a skier right beside you in case of a fall.

I am a very fortuante guy to have been able to hook up with Wake the World and provide experiences liek this for my fellow disabled.

We are very excited to be picking up our new equipment next month when Will & I travel to Florida for Surf Expo. Mike & Lee, from Liquid Access, let us design our own graphics for the 2 skis we ordered. Can't wait to see them!