Default Weighting the Saltare for wakeboarding?

So I took the boat out on the 4th to break the new in. While I was out I checked out the wake at different speeds and I noticed that since the rebuild the boat has a smaller wake. Go figure, taking all that saturated foam has that effect. So anyway, before I went out yesterday, I raises the wake plate to where there was 1 1/8" between the knobs on the turnbuckles. It didn't seem to change the wake to much. Do you think I should raise it more?
    While I was out in Saturday, I borrowed a 400 lb sac and a 700 lb sac from a friend. I put the 700 right behind the doghouse on the floor and the 400 in the bow. This still didn't seem to change the size or shape of the wake.
    What kind of ballast do you guys run and what are your wakes looking like?
    "Where There's a Will, there's a way!"

Check out my 1987 rebuild thread here
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...-Resto-begins.

you can lift the wakeplate all the way up. sdc77 took his off and said it makes no difference in handling.

as much weight as you can find for ballast. the most i've ever run, and this was before my rebuild, was a 750 on each side of engine + another 750 on the playpen + 250 in the rear locker. it was fun but the rear locker isn't made for ballast.

I'm still learning the surf stuff as well. The MOST I've run so far was 2 x 400's under the playpen, 1 x 400 in the rear locker (yes, it's reinforced), 2 x 450's under the modified rear bench area, and 1 x 750 next to doghouse. Not all were completely full, but easily 2600. It made a difference, but not as much as I'da thought. The BEST I've run so far was to ditch the bow 400 and rear 450 on the non surf side and added some heavy crew to the back corner. It looks like leaning (listing) works better than slamming. I've picked up two more 400's that I'm gonna try stacking (1 in bow, 1 in back) on the surf side & see what happens...

On the wakeplate - I retrofitted a split electric plate (roughly same dimensions as original) & I can tell the difference on the fly.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____