Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Beast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZH2hSFb6U0 Time lapse of capping the boat
    85 Supra Sunsport project

Could they have made that look any easier?

$2500 was a good deal.

Project beast has come to an end. However, project 85 sunsport has commenced. Back before I started on the beast I had found a 1985 Sunsport that had the floors and stringers done in composite material. I called the guy who was selling it but he said a person had just bought it. I asked for the buyers information and called him. The buyer said he wasn't interested in selling it. The original seller had worked at supra and did the stringers and floors at supra. He said he just rebuilt the motor and it put new heads on it. Then I bought the beast from Shanne at the boat works and we started that project. About two weeks later a guy pulls up with the sunsport I had tried to buy. He wanted Shanne to restore it also. The whole time we have been working on the beast in the back of my mind I really still wanted the sunsport. Fast forward to this past Thursday. I received a call from Shanne and he told me that the guy with the sunsport wanted another project done instead. Shanne had worked out a deal to trade out his labor for the boat. He then preceded to tell me that he would give me the sunsport and take the beast back.

The sunsport has an extremely nice trailer and "rebuilt" motor (you never really know). The 454 in the beast is cracked and locked up. Now there is a chance to have the boat completed by the end of this summer. We still would like to make it to the supra reunion but that probably is unrealistic. Yesterday I got the motor started. Today we gel coated the floors. Hopefully by Tuesday we can gel coat the boat. The interior will be the hard part since the vinyl will not be here until Tuesday and we have to rebuild all the seats.

boat.jpg Last night
    boat 2.jpg Today
    boat 3.jpg

Hope you have as much fun building your Sunsport as I did. Your going to love it when its done. Keep the pics coming.
    [SIGPIC]

Monday I will have new foam cut and I will be dropping off the interior so it can be sewn up
    boat seats.jpg
    boat seats3.jpg

Unfortunately the previous owner sprayed gel over the top cap and it did not adhere correctly......Lots of sanding
    boat sanded.jpg