Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
The river I ride on is the state border. MN and WI have slightly different boating laws. The river itself has its own set of rules but it does not address water skiing. We have been told that they will enforce whatever set of regulations apply to the state where your boat is registered.
That is an interesting approach. In this case the WA laws for when you have to quit riding are more lenient and that's where my boat is registered and where I have my boater's license from...

It also makes me think about this scenario... I don't smoke anything personally, but we all know that WA recently legalized pot. Wouldn't that be an interesting situation when it's legal in one state and not the other? I remember on the 5th of july there was a huge party camping on Government Island (in the middle of the columbia river, only accessible by boat). I could tell plenty of them were smoking it up. Technically Govt. Island is 100% on the Oregon side, but most people don't know one way or the other (or care). Just interesting stuff to think about.