Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie!!!

I also tow with my cover on unless it is from the house to the lake which is just a few miles away. I don't have any issues with towing with my cover on as it gets snugged down to the trailer after it gets snugged up around the boat. Even had zero issues with the long haul to and from the reunion almost 1,700 miles at highway speeds in some pretty heavy downpours.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Nice boat !
    I am a fan of CLR for hull cleaning. Acidic without being overly caustic as some of the others.
    I use Maguiars vinyl cleaner with great results. This may not be as strong as the dollar store cleaner you should perhaps use first but is great for ongoing maintenance afterward.
    As for cover I go to skiboatcovers.com for sure
    They have your exact pattern on file and can add on tie downs etc as you may require.
    I trailer with no cover but that is a personal choice for sure.
    Enjoy your " new" boat.
    I love the color but then I am prejudice to same

I found out the hard way that the cover acts like a parachute. Not only are you wearing out the cover but you're getting way worse mpgs

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

man thanks guys for all the info!! great to get such a great response!!! I paid $8k for boat and trailer! I thought I did ok??? I love the boat and the family does too- and yes I know it will cost me $$ but I am ok with it for sure. my dad has had boats up to 48' so I am familiar with the costs, and the fun !!! I will be giving the cleaners a try and getting a new cover- but the guys who commented on the cover- did the covers you got come with the poles and vents at the poles that go aft and mid boat?? and thanks crystal waters- the color is growing on me- just wish the waters around here matched the color of the boat like your pic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolsupra View Post
    did the covers you got come with the poles and vents at the poles that go aft and mid boat??
    You can see from the pic I posted where the black vents are with poles. It's a tight fit and doesn't move when towing. It sheds water well and has worn well too.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTn View Post
    You can see from the pic I posted where the black vents are with poles. It's a tight fit and doesn't move when towing. It sheds water well and has worn well too.
    What material did you use?
    Thx

Its an addition. Enjoy the Saltare. If it wasn't for getting a screaming deal on the Launch it would be what's in my drive too. Before long the teal will back in the spotlight, till then it will grow on you.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Quote Originally Posted by crystal waters View Post
    What material did you use?
    Thx
    I honestly don't know what the material is. It's a waterproof material that I assume a lot of covers are made of. But I think the material could be made of a lot of different things. The best thing is the fit.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

On the rivers around here they use, 50% Lysol toilet bowl cleaner and 50% hydrogen peroxide, but that may be to just get the scum line off, not the actual stain.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"