Hybrid View

Tune it ! Pirata/Saltare with 454 are efficient boats.
    Mine went from 8 gallons/hour to ... 4.75 gallons/hour ! With the factory 13x13 propeller. I will change it next season to see if I get even better milleage.
    With a good carburetor rebuild : pay big attention to the secondary lock arm, tends to bend and let air/fuel passing through even when primary is closed (my issue for 2 years, fixed last season).
    Add a new $50 car HEI ignition (plus a few upgrade to marinize it, follow Michael post : https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ferrerid=14935 ), new plug wires, new sparkplugs. Go to 12° BTDC (instead of 8° in the repair manuel) will save tons of fuel.
    Good luck
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by Sdc77 View Post
    Tune it ! Pirata/Saltare with 454 are efficient boats.
    Mine went from 8 gallons/hour to ... 4.75 gallons/hour ! With the factory 13x13 propeller. I will change it next season to see if I get even better milleage.
    With a good carburetor rebuild : pay big attention to the secondary lock arm, tends to bend and let air/fuel passing through even when primary is closed (my issue for 2 years, fixed last season).
    Add a new $50 car HEI ignition (plus a few upgrade to marinize it, follow Michael post : https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ferrerid=14935 ), new plug wires, new sparkplugs. Go to 12° BTDC (instead of 8° in the repair manuel) will save tons of fuel.
    Good luck
    I'm interested in the hei , I bought one like 2 years ago and tried to fit it up but the thermostat housing was in the way , I had MS mill a aluminum spacer and it worked ok , but may try the msd setup on the new build . Any clearance issues on yours ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Hi Lively,
    No celarance issues on a 454, the thermostat housing is on opposite side of the engine.
    Chears
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare