Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I should have the windshield back together by the weekend and the ceramic coating is finally being applied to the boat. I’m so excited to get this home and start reassembling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glass is back in the newly painted frame.

Looks Awesome, it’ll be better than new when your done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    Looks Awesome, it’ll be better than new when your done with it.

It should run a lot better and not drink so much oil as well!

Coating is done. I can’t wait to see it in person. He sent me some pics while I’m out of town. And yes the fenders are removed for buffing access.

Home at last. I had to make sure the Surf.Mode shapers would stick to the coating. I need to get the fenders back on now that he’s done buffing. That’s another days project.

Enjoying the pics. Still very impressive.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Hey Brian_289... I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread! I think you've given us all a little inspiration!

Question... How did you decided exactly where to place the decals? I am putting new decals on my 2008 Launch 21V and my OCD is stressing me out about decal placement. Did you just eyeball it or did you have predetermined measurements to work from?

Quote Originally Posted by Launch21V View Post
    Hey Brian_289... I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread! I think you've given us all a little inspiration!

Question... How did you decided exactly where to place the decals? I am putting new decals on my 2008 Launch 21V and my OCD is stressing me out about decal placement. Did you just eyeball it or did you have predetermined measurements to work from?
    I eyeballed one side. I used masking tape to hold it in place, stepped back and looked it over. Then I measured and made sure the other side ended up in the same spot.

Update, I found the play in my shift and throttle linkage. Here I thought I’d be buying a shifter assembly, it’s just the brass fittings that thread on the cables. They slide in and lock down with a cotter pin, well they have giant slots worn in the sides of them where they connect to the shifter linkage. 8 bucks and I have new ones coming. On to rudder box rebuild, replace shift, throttle and steering cables before the engine gets home!

I finally got my engine back from the machine shop. I was able to assemble the rotating assembly last night and check all the main and rod clearances. Back at it today. I can’t wait to see this all back together.