Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have used a pylon for tubes for over 20 years. Never a problem even with adults on a 3 man tube. I can control the tube much better if it is hooked to the pylon. Makes the ride better as well for those on the tube. You can see mine flex as well, however, it does not bend the pylon.

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    Yep, i'm with you guys, i hate the things,but the kids love em.....so i have a 1:1 policy. You get 10 mins of tubing for every 10 mins of wakeboard, ski, wake surf, kneeboard. tubes are the couch potatoe of the water world
    i resent that statement...have you ever rode a tube and had tube wars where you jump back and forth and try to knock somebody else off or even rolled a tube? its actually really fun and more tireing than wakeboarding because you steadily have to pull yourself back on the tube. here is a pic of me riding a tube last summer and rolling it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thats extreme tubeing,which i am all for. Its the take us for a ride but don't get us wet tubing i hate. Sorry dawg, i should have been more specific. And yes i have riden a tube only under the condition that the boat driver is to do anything in his power to get me off it except jerk it from a loose line....not good for the pylon imo......have been hangin on upside down thinking i should let go or its going to hurt when i hit the water.....thats alot of fun...if your not having fun behind the boat we had better be having fun in the boat.
    Last edited by docdrs; 01-10-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Yeah I agree about the whole tubing thing but it is what it is, Kids + my wifes girl friends don't wakeboard or ski so you have to put them on something they can enjoy, That and at the end of the Day I don't mind getting pulled on it back to the dock since im beat from boarding all day and my wife likes to "Think" shes taking aggression out on me driving the boat while pulling me on the tube etc etc

Anyway I guess ill keep the pylon in the boat

For entertainment purposes between tournament events (slalom, trick, jump) back in college, we had "tube rodeo". Riders would take a turn trying to hold onto the tube as long as possible while the boat ran a continual figure 8 between two bouys at a set speed. You can imagine the size of the double-up wakes after a few passes. Longest time still attached to the tube wins (yes, hanging on upside down counts).

Always pulled from the pylon without ever ripping one out.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Quote Originally Posted by syrupdawg View Post
    i resent that statement...have you ever rode a tube and had tube wars where you jump back and forth and try to knock somebody else off or even rolled a tube? its actually really fun and more tireing than wakeboarding because you steadily have to pull yourself back on the tube. here is a pic of me riding a tube last summer and rolling it
    Tube wars! That actaully sounds like a good idea!!

I own a wakeboard boat....it doesn't pull tubes.

My old I/O pulled them fine from the Monster Tower I installed.

Quote Originally Posted by KY Steve View Post
    I own a wakeboard boat....it doesn't pull tubes.
    That sucks I own a "ski boat" that pulls skiers wakeboarders kneeboards and tubes, you must of got ripped off haha Sometimes it even pulls boats that run out of gas ! I must of got the special edition tow package

Quote Originally Posted by dshaff24 View Post
    That sucks I own a "ski boat" that pulls skiers wakeboarders kneeboards and tubes, you must of got ripped off haha Sometimes it even pulls boats that run out of gas ! I must of got the special edition tow package
    If this forum had a "like" button (like the one on Facebook), I'd use it here! Well said, dshaff.
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Quote Originally Posted by dshaff24 View Post
    Great reply! I am half joking about the tube because I do keep one on board for my dog to ride, I havn't found wakeboard boots small enough to fit her paws.
    I'll post a pic of her surfing when we get back out this Spring.

In all seriousness, I hate tubes. For me if you are going to spend the time and effort to pull someone behind a boat...teach them a skill! Anybody can tube, even a dog. Plus wakeboarding, kneeboarding, surfing, skiing, ect. can be a lot more fun. I feel the exact same way about snow tubing for you avid snowboarders or skiers out there like myself.

Truthfully, everyone on this forum should be thankful we have the resources and live in a country that allows us to even spend our limited and valuable time on the water. Most of my recreational time is spent with my family on the water in some capacity.....there's nothing better.

And look....the tube is being pulled with the tower!