Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim from Viper?

Default Jim from Viper?

Has anyone heard from Jim @ viper lately? I ordered parts from him more than 2 weeks ago, he said I would get them in 1 week. I called after 2 weeks and his voicemail is full.

I have had same problem. I ordered parts two weeks ago. Waiting also. He did say he is real busy.

Sounds familiar.... He either needs to hire help or quit selling parts. Seems to be a lot of frustrated customers lately.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by cranberry521 View Post
    Has anyone heard from Jim @ viper lately? I ordered parts from him more than 2 weeks ago, he said I would get them in 1 week. I called after 2 weeks and his voicemail is full.
    Both orders I placed took a month, he said he is overloaded at his shop with work and a few people on injuries. Try email and keep calling him, he will eventually get back to you.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Heh... I ordered Supra graphics at least a month ago and still haven't got them. The good news is, he is REALLY nice when I call!

He claims they have now been shipped, but he thought they were shipped a long time ago too..... we'll see. I know I'll get them eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by jclose8 View Post
    Heh... I ordered Supra graphics at least a month ago and still haven't got them. The good news is, he is REALLY nice when I call!

He claims they have now been shipped, but he thought they were shipped a long time ago too..... we'll see. I know I'll get them eventually...
    So being a really nice guy makes it okay that he has your money AND the graphics you ordered? I'm not trying to start a battle or make anybody mad, yes, I've met him also and I won't disagree, but he needs to step it up. Taking money and telling you it's shipped when it hasn't is not very ethical. I keep seeing those comments about him being sooooo nice, but one of my last customers had to jump through hoops to get a couple yards of OEM carpet, and delayed him from getting his boat back in a timely manner.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jclose8 View Post

I talked to him Thursday afternoon, he probably picked up my graphics with yours from SC.

New graphics and guide pole covers came in today from Jim.

I must say I have had a similar frustrating experience as well. Ordered guide pole covers and they never came. When I finally got a hold of him he said they were still sitting in the box waiting to be shipped, but he thought he had already sent them. After about a month I finally received them. I appreciate that he is so resourcefull, but I agree that customer service and timeliness is key. You should not have to follow up on your order 3 or 4 times to get the product you ordered. I hope everything is going ok for him though, and that there is not some bigger issue going on.
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    So being a really nice guy makes it okay that he has your money AND the graphics you ordered?
    I am glad jonyb brought this up. I have no personal experience with him but have read both on here and over on Moomba about how nice and knowledgable he is. However I've seen mulitple threads on this topic of waiting. I understand if you are having the boat rebuilt but other than that? Guidepole covers and decals? Go talk to your local decal shop, im sure you will get the same price if not cheaper. If not, PM and ill give you a great shop that will work with you via email, give you proofs and mail them within days, if not, at least be up front with you.

I think the same could be said for wakemakers from my experience ... sell the same product at the same price but everyone here seems to be all about them.

Not trying to tear anyone down, just trying to figure out what the bandwagons are all about.