Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    That master switch that I have in the picture above labled "MAIN" should do that trick for the ignition. Also, where you have the pump located is not the lowest spot on the boat I believe. On mine, the lowest spot is over the turn fins in front of the engine and pylon. That should be where you locate the pump for best results.
    I moved it to the rear because the shaft seal was leaking and letting in water pretty quick. Where I ride I am not actually cruising that fast so I can't plane out and level the boat so the water seems to collect in the rear. I planned on putting my 2000 gph pump in front of the motor soon so I have two of them in there.

Well I guess it is time for a little up date on the boat. I ended up replacing the carpet, adding a deepcycle battery to go with the starting battery, new speakers on the inside along with 15" sub, two amps for the speakers, painted the inside of the boat white since the white on the inside was dirty, finally got everything sprayed with the vynal dye so it is grey, rudder & shaft seals replaced, three new ballast to go in the boat, and finally the tower I picked up.
    IMG_20120423_195916.jpgIMG_20120425_191415.jpgIMG_20120518_191823.jpgIMG_20120608_195955.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by a_deleon View Post
    Well I guess it is time for a little up date on the boat. I ended up replacing the carpet, adding a deepcycle battery to go with the starting battery, new speakers on the inside along with 15" sub, two amps for the speakers, painted the inside of the boat white since the white on the inside was dirty, finally got everything sprayed with the vynal dye so it is grey, rudder & shaft seals replaced, three new ballast to go in the boat, and finally the tower I picked up.
    IMG_20120423_195916.jpgIMG_20120425_191415.jpgIMG_20120518_191823.jpgIMG_20120608_195955.jpg
    Looking good, That boat storage isn't over in Pearland is it? Looks like the place I had mine at when I restored it? You sure you don't have a Marauder? That hull and the inside looks exactly like my Marauder, mine is an 84 with a 351.
    I would stay out of Clear Lake, it's always crap and it's SALT WATER!! I ran mine out at the San Bernard river(Brackesh)(salt/fresh mix) for one season and it F'D up all my wireing and my engine mounts are rusted up pretty good. I would head to the Lower San Jac or up to Trinity river.
    84 Supra Marauder
    Monster Tower
    Monster Cargo Bimini
    4 Kenwood Tower speakers (6.5)
    4 Kenwood Interior Speakers (6.5)
    2 Kenwood 6x9 rear seat kick panel
    2 Kenwood 5 1/4 in dash
    1 Kenwood Sub
    2 2ch Kenwood amp 1 2ch Fosgate amp
    2 4ch Kenwood amp 1 4ch Fosgate amp
    1 2ch Kenwood (bridged) for sub
    STRAIGHT OVER KILL.

Looks like nice progress & the tower appears to match the lines well. How much weight do those sacs total?

Do watch out for the salt - even on a closed cooling loop, it'll eat these old boats up quickly. I'm sure you know the drill - fresh water flush & liberal rinse after each outing will help slow, but not prevent, the corrosion. Even the LSJ can get real briney without rain, but know I'd be tempted if I lived on the southside. The guys over on the Moomba board have a Moomba/Supra Jam up at Bethey Creek on the Trinity in August if you're interested.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Quote Originally Posted by sybrmike View Post
    Looks like nice progress & the tower appears to match the lines well. How much weight do those sacs total?

Do watch out for the salt - even on a closed cooling loop, it'll eat these old boats up quickly. I'm sure you know the drill - fresh water flush & liberal rinse after each outing will help slow, but not prevent, the corrosion. Even the LSJ can get real briney without rain, but know I'd be tempted if I lived on the southside. The guys over on the Moomba board have a Moomba/Supra Jam up at Bethey Creek on the Trinity in August if you're interested.
    Hey Sybr do you ever get on the GCWA forum? I got a real good friend that helps organize events for them. His name is Fred White he has a Black/white Epic 23v he hangs out on the LSJ quite often.
    84 Supra Marauder
    Monster Tower
    Monster Cargo Bimini
    2 Kenwood 5 1/4 in dash
    1 Kenwood Sub
    STRAIGHT OVER KILL.

This is the plate I was looking at trying to figure out how to adjust.

Also I was wondering how is anyone else flushing out their motor after being out on the water? I know like on my jet ski there are kits you can get to attach to the motor or make your own flush kit. If anyone has pics of how they hook it up to a water hose to flush the water system out.

Attachment 9213Attachment 9214Attachment 9215
    You ever figure this out? ... I can tell you how.... I have the same ones.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I been trying to make it look better and not a POS like when I got it for the previous owner. The title says supra star on it but that is all I know about it. I always wash my boat after I go out on the water and try to flush it as much as I can. I really stay over between hwy3 and 45 along the creek. I go out to nasau bay sometime but for the most part I stay in the creek area. I have noticed some rust but the previous owner also had this out in galveston but I am planning on going over the stuff and go wild with spray silicone over parts so I can cover it so it won't continue to get worse.

I been wanting to take it when I go out to banana bend and ride over there as well so I can be on the san jac river also. I just think it will be hard to keep saltwater out of it being on the southside of town. I been wanting to go out to a meet up that I see on gcwa. I been meaning to go back to that site since its been a while. As for the bags and tower, the bags total for 975 pounds. I have 2 - 350s and 1-275 also for me to use so it helps me out when it is just three of us out on the water. Next on the list is a board rack and some tower speakers. I really like how the tower lines go with the windshield and how the sides are shaped.

Wiatowski - I have not really figured it out. Fill me in on how to use the plate because I am trying to tune my boat for when we ride.
    Last edited by a_deleon; 06-15-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I been trying to make it look better and not a POS like when I got it for the previous owner. The title says supra star on it but that is all I know about it. I always wash my boat after I go out on the water and try to flush it as much as I can. I really stay over between hwy3 and 45 along the creek. I go out to nasau bay sometime but for the most part I stay in the creek area. I have noticed some rust but the previous owner also had this out in galveston but I am planning on going over the stuff and go wild with spray silicone over parts so I can cover it so it won't continue to get worse.

I been wanting to take it when I go out to banana bend and ride over there as well so I can be on the san jac river also. I just think it will be hard to keep saltwater out of it being on the southside of town. I been wanting to go out to a meet up that I see on gcwa. I been meaning to go back to that site since its been a while. As for the bags and tower, the bags total for 975 pounds. I have 2 - 350s and 1-275 also for me to use so it helps me out when it is just three of us out on the water. Next on the list is a board rack and some tower speakers. I really like how the tower lines go with the windshield and how the sides are shaped.

Wiatowski - I have not really figured it out. Fill me in on how to use the plate because I am trying to tune my boat for when we ride.
    Watch out over on Clear Creek, sh!t loads of hidden stumps. DD's don't like hitting stumps. Like I said in a previous post your boat looks ALOT like a Marauder. Could be a misprint on the title you have? Eitherway when I was doing alot of boarding I ran a 750 under the rear seat, 350 in the ski locker and 200-300 in the bow. Made for a really good wake. I put to bilge pumps in, one in the rear and another in front of the motor. Any water collects up front. My rear pump never cuts on.
    84 Supra Marauder
    Monster Tower
    Monster Cargo Bimini
    2 Kenwood 5 1/4 in dash
    1 Kenwood Sub
    STRAIGHT OVER KILL.

Quote Originally Posted by Hematoma View Post
    Watch out over on Clear Creek, sh!t loads of hidden stumps. DD's don't like hitting stumps. Like I said in a previous post your boat looks ALOT like a Marauder. Could be a misprint on the title you have? Eitherway when I was doing alot of boarding I ran a 750 under the rear seat, 350 in the ski locker and 200-300 in the bow. Made for a really good wake. I put to bilge pumps in, one in the rear and another in front of the motor. Any water collects up front. My rear pump never cuts on.
    Man I was searching that model supra...man you are not kidding on how much it looks just like it. I seen a sick looking one all blacked out and turf on the bow that is giving me some ideas for the winter when I repaint the boat. I am running the 350's on the sides of the motor and the 275 in the rear seat. I was going to look at building me a storage box for the bow and get one installed up there later on. I have the 800gph bilge in front of the motor and the 2000 I ended up using to fill the ballast but I plan on putting the 800 in the rear over by where the rudder comes thru the hull. The 2000gph bilge fills up the 350's and the 275 really quick so I just use it for filling the ballast. I get worried when I am out at CC because my friend hit a stump breaking the rudder off and jacking up my prop. I fixed the prop and new rudder and costing me $500 to get it done. I only stay in the center and I only turn in the center and avoid coming close to the edges when I am out there. I have to remind my cousin when he pulls me because he gets to close for my comfort when he turns.

Man I was searching that model supra...man you are not kidding on how much it looks just like it. I seen a sick looking one all blacked out and turf on the bow that is giving me some ideas for the winter when I repaint the boat. I am running the 350's on the sides of the motor and the 275 in the rear seat. I was going to look at building me a storage box for the bow and get one installed up there later on. I have the 800gph bilge in front of the motor and the 2000 I ended up using to fill the ballast but I plan on putting the 800 in the rear over by where the rudder comes thru the hull. The 2000gph bilge fills up the 350's and the 275 really quick so I just use it for filling the ballast. I get worried when I am out at CC because my friend hit a stump breaking the rudder off and jacking up my prop. I fixed the prop and new rudder and costing me $500 to get it done. I only stay in the center and I only turn in the center and avoid coming close to the edges when I am out there. I have to remind my cousin when he pulls me because he gets to close for my comfort when he turns.
    Is it this boat you came across in your search? This is mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    84 Supra Marauder
    Monster Tower
    Monster Cargo Bimini
    2 Kenwood 5 1/4 in dash
    1 Kenwood Sub